Medik8 has over 70 different products: including cleansers, serums, creams, sunscreens and oils. We give you the choice to tailor your skincare specifically to your needs. But with so many products, and only one face, where do you even start?
The Perfect Regime
Understanding your skin is the first step to a fully developed skincare routine. Consider the skin concern you want to address – is it fine lines and wrinkles you want to target, or a set of blemishes which need to be calmed? We have a selection of products to cater to any skincare concern – Skin Ageing, Pigmentation, Blemish, Pore Refining, Redness and Recovery. You can even mix and match the solutions to get your perfect combination.
Once you’ve chosen your solution, now’s the time to start building up your routine. Consider your morning and evening routine separately – they cater to different skin needs:
1. Cleanser In the morning, a light cleanser will gently wash away oils produced overnight.
2. Toner Toning the skin will enhance the penetration of the serums and moisturisers that follow.
3. Serum After toning, add in a targeted serum. If you’re applying more than one serum, apply the thinnest formula first. Antioxidants such as vitamin C or copper PCA are vital to apply in the morning to protect your delicate skin from the environment throughout the day.
4. Moisturiser and sunscreen Combine your moisturiser and sunscreen in Advanced Day Total Protect™ or use a broad-spectrum SPF like Physical Sunscreen over your favourite moisturiser or facial oil.
The evening is the time to bring out your most nourishing formulas and the best active serums.
1. Cleanser Start with a gentle eye make-up remover such as Eyes & Lips Micellar Cleanse™, alongside a pH balanced cleanser to buff away facial makeup.
2. Toner Balance the skin while boosting the effectivity of follow-up products with a gentle toner.
3. Serum The skin is most active at night, when skin cell regeneration becomes supercharged. This makes it the ideal time to use vitamin A serums which also speed up skin cell renewal. Certain vitamin As can be deactivated by sunlight, so always incorporate your retinol or retinal serum into your nighttime routine. (r-Retinoate® may be used night and day)
4. Moisturiser Overnight is also the ideal time to rehydrate, as richer moisturisers have time to sink deep into your skin. Opt for a heavier moisturiser than you would use in the daytime to truly nourish and rejuvenate delicate skin as you sleep.
You may want to use more than one serum or treatment to target different skin concerns at the same time. When layering skincare, begin with the lightest formulation and build up layers with heavier textures. Also use water based products before oil based products. Follow this guide to know in which order they should be applied...